Monday 31 October 2016

My new Jefferson Tayte mystery thriller is called...

I've been aching to tell you the title of my new Jefferson Tayte book for months, and now at last I can. It will be the sixth book I've written about the affable genealogist whose sense of right and wrong is often placed ahead of his own safety as he goes about his business of digging up the past. As you can see from the mock book jacket below, it's called DYING GAMES and I can't wait for you to read it.

The jacket cover is still being designed and the book description isn't ready yet either, but I can tell you that much of the story is set in JT's home city of Washington, DC this time, and as you can probably tell from the title, which I feel suits the story very well, it's quite a dark tale. If you've been following the series, you'll know I like to mix the format up a bit from time to time so things don't get stale or predictable, so as with the third book in the series, The Last Queen of England, there's no past narrative in this book. It's very much a thriller, and there's plenty of genealogy for family history buffs to follow.

DYING GAMES is scheduled for release on 4 May next year - look out for the Facebook launch party invitation! I'll tell you more about it as soon as the description is set, when I'll hopefully also be able to share the cover design with you. I've not seen any draft images yet, but if it turns out anything like the image I have in my head, I'll be very pleased with it.



No comments:

Post a Comment