Friday 28 June 2013

A little update

Just a small entry this week as I've been so focused on the 4th Jefferson Tayte book that I've not had time to work on part 3 of 'My story', which I'll try to get to next week.  I've also got some genealogy coming up in the near future, where I thought I'd let you know more about my previously unknown American GI grandfather and the steps that led to finding his resting place.

I'm working on the past narrative for book four at the moment, which I like to write first (when there is one), and then I'll be working on JT's part of the story and merging the two together.  I'm really looking forward to finding out what JT's going to get up to next - and if or how he's going to get out of the trouble I'm sure he'll soon find himself in.

So I'm living in the past most of the time and the research that's taking be back there has been quite intense this week, but I'm enjoying it.  I've learnt so much since becoming a writer and our past particularly fascinates me.  All that research doesn't help the word count of course,  but it should add to the realism and overall enjoyment of the story when it's finished.  The word count is going up though, and I hope to add more today.  Getting past the first 10,000 words was a milestone because they're usually the toughest, and the more story I get down, the clearer the rest becomes. 


          

2 comments:

  1. Many thanks Steve, I've picked up 'In The Blood' and look forward to reading it when I have chance.
    Good luck with the next book.
    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, David. I hope you enjoy it when you get around to reading it.

    Steve.

    ReplyDelete