Monday 10 June 2013

Bookmarks and Business Cards

I'd been meaning to do this for a long time and I was reminded about it when I was in Cornwall on holiday a couple of weeks ago, staying in a village called Mullion on the Lizard Peninsula.

Here's a photo I took looking down on Mullion Harbour.



















I hadn't been to Cornwall for some time (too long) and when I told the lady who owns the bed & breakfast I usually stay at that I'd become an author since my last visit she suggested I get some bookmarks made so she could hand them out to interested visitors.  Then on a few other occasions, typically in one pub or another, I'd get chatting to someone and end up writing my details down on a beer mat, wishing (again) that I'd had some calling cards made for such occasions.  So, one of the first things I did when I got back from Cornwall (apart from sorting out my tax affairs) was to start designing them, and here's what I came up with.





It took less than a week from concept to delivery and I'm very pleased with them.  No more scribbling my details down on soggy beermats!


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Zahra! I'm glad you like them. Yours is the first comment on my new blog! :o)

      Delete