Friday 21 February 2014

A suitcase full of books!

To the Grave - Thomas & Mercer edition.

More books arrived from my publisher this week, and having just about finished the second draft of my new book, the title of which will be announced very soon, I thought I'd take some time out to play with my camera again. Last time I posted a few photos of the new T&M edition of In the Blood, now it's To the Grave's turn.


I had a rummage in my loft and found Mena's little red WW2 era suitcase, which I'd bought previously for the cover of the original edition. Now that my book covers are changing, I thought it would be nice to use it again to welcome in the new edition. These are not the first books to have been put into Mena's suitcase, however, because in the story, when Jefferson Tayte first comes across it, among other things it contains a copy Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert - a book that came to hold special significance for Mena.

The new edition will be out next month on March 18, along with In the Blood and The Last Queen of England, and I can't wait! I have copies of all three new edition paperbacks now, and I think they look great together. I'll post some more photos soon, so you can see for yourself. I'm just waiting for some inspiration for how best to showcase The Last Queen of England. So, if you see a man with a camera, piling books up around the Queen Anne statue outside St Paul's cathedral at the weekend, that will be me. :o)



A suitcase full of books!

4 comments:

  1. They look amazing Steve, really well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very effective Steve. I wish you the best of luck with it and the one you're currently working on.

    ReplyDelete